Skip to main content

Holidays, Birthdays...and Happy Days!

“Are you getting married?”
My colleague asked me as she eyed the book on Decorating for newly weds curiously on my table. I just laughed and shook my head. Apparently I had the itch to redecorate my bedroom so I had been borrowing all the books on interior decorating from the library. I actually didn’t notice the title of the book until I was taken aback by her question.

Well since the unfulfilled desire to own my own place is still not within my reach, the best alternative goal within my reach was to redo my bedroom…hence the book on my table. And probably also the creative bug in me is starting to itch having been neglected for too long…doing other boring stuff!

So my plan was to get all the inspiration and ideas as much as I could before the DeepaRaya holidays looms near. It’s seldom that we have two major national holiday celebration back to back so when it happens, it’s usually a long break. It also happened that Deepavali was right smack before my birthday too. So with the long break ahead, most of my friends and colleagues would be joining the exodus back to their ‘kampung’. I wasn’t up to joining the crowd and was looking forward to the long break of solitude.

Being constantly “disturbed” by my students and colleagues, I really treasured that time alone. Since my housemates were also away back to their in-laws’ place, I practically had the whole house to myself…at least for that short time. So on my birthdayI had a very busy day at the office and really wind down the quiet evening at the gym doing my favourite classes and spending some time with a few good looking hunks who were also very gay!

But I did spend the next morning of Deepavali visiting my colleague and student’s open house in Rawang…don’t even mention the jam. I was pretty knocked out by the time I got home but I had a good time eating those delicious Indian concoctions. Next in line would be….that much needed MAJOR SPRING CLEANING and REDECORATING!!

I never realised that cleaning just that one tiny bedroom took nearly two days to clean up and clear up all that clutter. And I haven’t even started on the bathroom yet. That took another day. I actually had nearly 6 bundles and one box of rubbish by the end of the spring cleaning! I was amazed at the amount of stuff I collected during my 6 years in KL. So I kept throwing away whatever I had not used for the last 2 years and kept what I thought was important to me….even that didn’t help lessen the clutter. Gosh I need to stop collecting STUFF!!


When I finally finished redecorating my bedroom, I was pretty proud of my effort. My favourite spot was…the bed! I did a hanging “headboard” for my bed using roses and butterflies hung on a white wire lattice.

And since I’ve always wanted a four poster bed but couldn’t afford it, this was the next best thing that I could think of. I always loved the romantic look of the four poster bead with the wispy organza curtains hanging by the sides of the bed so I hung the organza curtain on one side of the mini make-do four poster thingy.



And during the weekend, my lovely Acts Pink PG girls celebrated my birthday with me with a cake and a surprise present. It was a lovely pink fur pillow with crosswords on it. It went so well with my deco that I put it together on my bed. Kinda brightens up the whole place don’t ya think? Thanks so much gals! I’m so happy with it!



Not bad for an amateur redecorating her bedroom on a shoe string budget…hehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why so downcast O my soul?

Recently I seem to be having a few upheavals in my personal relationships and also those around me. Don’t you get the feeling that sometimes months go by without something big happening and all of a sudden it all just comes pouring upon you? Is it me or it is absolutely no fault of mine. *blinks innocently* In the past few weeks, I seem to have upset one of the most patient and sweetest guy I know…though not intentionally. I’ve apologized and tried to make things better but he hasn’t been replying my messages nor picking up my calls. Zip. Nada. Nothing. I don’t know but lately I feel like whatever I say or do, people seems to be reacting negatively or things just blows up in my face. Then my brother did a very good job in making me feel like a failure by letting me know I am not making enough to help with the family finances. It’s bad enough that I am already frustrated with the fact that I do not have the resources to get a degree or get a place of my own… or even my own wheels. Now h

Abundant Life...Do you have it?

"E06? What's that?" I had people asking me this question when I told them I am going for a conference at SIB KL. I actually not sure what the "E" stands for so I actually asked Ps. Lee Choo and she said it stands for 'exist'...which has a long history behind it. That's another story.... I nearly didn't go because the people who were supposed to go, all pulled out and I was the only one confirmed going. I had some trouble with finding transport as well, but I felt that God wanted me to be there and He provided me with all my transport needs...God is so good! "So how was e06?" This was the second most asked question to me when I came back from the conference. So to save time...and breath I decided to answer all these questions refering them to my blog. Smart eh?!! Hehe...I am excited to share with everyone what I've learned at the conference so I 'm going to share about each session. I will try, I said TRY to keep it sh

Take the Lead...never follow

Can Antonio Banderas dance? I have seen "Shall We Dance" and Richard Gere can definitely sway. But I have yet to see Antonio Banderas, the actor who is famous for his macho, he-man roles, dance. Hmm...maybe he did in Evita, I forget. So this I gotta see. Listening to all my dance 'kaki' rave about the movie and how it made them want to get up and dance along in the cinema, sure whetted my appetite. But then, even if they didn't say anything, I would have not missed it. Based on a true story of how a dance teacher wanted to teach a bunch of street kids that nobody thought they had any future, how to dance. Oh, these kids can dance but ballroom dancing? And in the end, he didn't just teach them about ballroom dancing, but about life. To teach them to believe in themselves. That if they want to achieve something, they had to work at it and not blame your circumstances for pulling you down. To teach the guys how to treat a lady with respect cos beating