Skip to main content

A Bookmark, Baubles and a Letter...

Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s my favourite time of the year again, where my heart just skips a beat just seeing the shiny baubles dangling from the ceiling and a romantic fireplace decorating the walls. I was walking through Metrojaya the other day over at Mid Valley and their deco was just out of this world. It was like walking into some kind of “Winter Wonderland”…Mmmmm… I felt like a small kid getting excited at the prospect of exploring my first steps in that magical ambience…was sure I even skipped a little!

Ok…back to earth already! With the new semester looming ahead and the frazzled busyness of constant ringing of phones and tight schedules, Christmas preparations and practices, my head is just spinning trying to gather my thoughts all at once. There is this saying that BUSY = Busy Under Satan’s Yoke. I think there is a certain truth to it. How many times have we been a victim of “Tyranny of the Urgent” where because of our busyness, we push aside the important things in favour of the urgent.

When Ps. Sandra preached last Sunday about evaluating and reflecting on our live in 2006, and to prepare ourselves for a great 2007, it was a timely reminder. And to really rub it in, I received a letter from the e06 conference a few days later. Inside was a Christmas e06 bookmark from Ps. Lee Choo with the main verse of John 10:10 of which the conference was based on. Together with it also was the letter I wrote to God during the e06 closing which I mentioned in my last post.

When I started to read back on what I wrote, I started crying…it’s all coming back to me now…

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend this conference. Many times I was tempted to pull out because it was too expensive, too inconvenient, too this and too that. But You have been faithful and provided for me every step of the way. You knew I needed to be here because I needed to stop and reflect on my life. My struggles were just signs telling me that there are deeper issues that I needed to struggle with.

I needed restoration and forgiveness for not being true to You and to myself. Sometimes I feel that I am short changing myself because I was just too lazy to ‘trouble’ myself to change. Heal me from my hurts and bitterness from the people who have hurt me, whether it was done on purpose or not. You will turn these hurts for my good because Your plans for me are not to harm me but to heal me and give me an abundant life. To turn my struggles into stepping stones that will help me achieve the dreams that You have planned for me. To use my passions and gifts to impact the world around me. Help me to respect each one’s personhood. To know and see each human being with Your eyes and Your love. That they are not inconveniences and stumbling blocks in my path but that they are lessons and gifts from You as I journey through this life. Let me experience fully each challenge or joy that comes my way. To embrace each pain or joy that You give me as a tool to make me whole again.

Daddy, help me to have a magnified perspective of you. To really know just what a Great and Mighty God You are. To know not just in my head but also in my heart that You truly love me despite of what I do or who I am. Help me to surrender my will and the urge to control my life and to give it to You willingly. To live a life of obedience and integrity that will reflect Your character. Whenever I serve You, I want to serve you in order to participate in Your work and not because I want to earn Your love and approval or because that’s what a Christian is supposed to do. Thank You so much Daddy! I love You.


Somehow, the busyness crept up on me and I seem to have forgotten the things were important. I’ve somehow left a crack unattended for the thief to put his foot in to destroy little by little, bits of my life. It’s a good time for me to stop now and reflect again…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why so downcast O my soul?

Recently I seem to be having a few upheavals in my personal relationships and also those around me. Don’t you get the feeling that sometimes months go by without something big happening and all of a sudden it all just comes pouring upon you? Is it me or it is absolutely no fault of mine. *blinks innocently* In the past few weeks, I seem to have upset one of the most patient and sweetest guy I know…though not intentionally. I’ve apologized and tried to make things better but he hasn’t been replying my messages nor picking up my calls. Zip. Nada. Nothing. I don’t know but lately I feel like whatever I say or do, people seems to be reacting negatively or things just blows up in my face. Then my brother did a very good job in making me feel like a failure by letting me know I am not making enough to help with the family finances. It’s bad enough that I am already frustrated with the fact that I do not have the resources to get a degree or get a place of my own… or even my own wheels. Now h

Abundant Life...Do you have it?

"E06? What's that?" I had people asking me this question when I told them I am going for a conference at SIB KL. I actually not sure what the "E" stands for so I actually asked Ps. Lee Choo and she said it stands for 'exist'...which has a long history behind it. That's another story.... I nearly didn't go because the people who were supposed to go, all pulled out and I was the only one confirmed going. I had some trouble with finding transport as well, but I felt that God wanted me to be there and He provided me with all my transport needs...God is so good! "So how was e06?" This was the second most asked question to me when I came back from the conference. So to save time...and breath I decided to answer all these questions refering them to my blog. Smart eh?!! Hehe...I am excited to share with everyone what I've learned at the conference so I 'm going to share about each session. I will try, I said TRY to keep it sh

Take the Lead...never follow

Can Antonio Banderas dance? I have seen "Shall We Dance" and Richard Gere can definitely sway. But I have yet to see Antonio Banderas, the actor who is famous for his macho, he-man roles, dance. Hmm...maybe he did in Evita, I forget. So this I gotta see. Listening to all my dance 'kaki' rave about the movie and how it made them want to get up and dance along in the cinema, sure whetted my appetite. But then, even if they didn't say anything, I would have not missed it. Based on a true story of how a dance teacher wanted to teach a bunch of street kids that nobody thought they had any future, how to dance. Oh, these kids can dance but ballroom dancing? And in the end, he didn't just teach them about ballroom dancing, but about life. To teach them to believe in themselves. That if they want to achieve something, they had to work at it and not blame your circumstances for pulling you down. To teach the guys how to treat a lady with respect cos beating